- We need to continue to push for a voice on the Board and therefore the Board will be considering policy language that will add a Teacher Liaison position to the Blaine County Board of Trustees. This position, similar to the student liaison representative will attend Regular Board meetings, sit at the Board table and engage in discussions about how Board decisions directly impact the classroom.
- We need to continue to advocate for reasonable class sizes and homework policies.
- We need to create a calendar that meets the needs of students AND our community.
- We need to continue the dialog and find workable solutions to standards based grading.
- We need to continue to explore the viability of the IB program.
- We need to advocate for a set work day and reasonable preparation periods.
Ultimately, our working conditions are our students learning conditions!
Please attend the regular December 8th Board Meeting and consider making public comment the Board and the Admin are listening.